Saturday, October 29, 2016

Learning to Let Go and Let God.... update

Well it has definitely been very hectic these last few months and we have had many ask about how the adoption process is going. Well if you had asked me a month ago I would have broke down crying. Sometimes bumps happen along the way and many families that we knew that have adopted had warned me about this. Many have said to be prepared for a few heartbreaks along the way but to always pray for God's strength and peace along the journey. One thing that has comforted me is knowing that God has the perfect child or children for J.R. and I. I know He has a plan and even though it may not follow exactly what I have planned or expected there is a reason for it. Now don't worry we are still adopting we are just pursuing other options, such as another agency or possibly private adoption. The day that God shut the door to the first agency we were pursuing I realized God was trying to get my attention. Looking back I realize I was so set on this one agency I didn't take the time to pray and seek which route God wanted us to take. Even though I was an emotional wreak the day we learned it was not going to work out with the first agency,  I received calls about two possible adoption opportunities. While we were not able to pursue them at the time I felt it was God's way of reminding me He has a plan. During all of this the song "Thy Will Be Done" by Hilary Scott really ministered to me.

While I was very confused about all that was happening like the song says "I may never understand that my broken heart is apart of your plan, when I try to pray all I've got is hurt and these four words, Thy Will be Done..." This is exactly what I had come to, and it's amazing this song would come on the radio on my way to work every morning while I was dealing with the confusion and hurt. One night as I lay in bed crying over the situation J.R. just reminded me that God has a plan and that maybe this first agency was the starting point and God is showing us He has another path He is wanting us to take. We both knew that we were called to adopt and have always talked about it and now that we are pursuing it, being patient can be difficult at times.

Word is getting out about us wanting to adopt and a few individuals, who have adopted, told us to be prepared for if someone knows of a person that would be interested in private adoption. Also another ministry within the area that assists in adoption and provides the same as the first agency we pursued but does not cost as much. We are now working on the paper work for this agency and are amazed at how important our faith and church background is more important to them than our financial history. Once again we are in this waiting period as we pray and wait for what God has next in this journey whether we end up with a baby or babies next month or next year we are letting go and letting God have his way. While not know how everything will turn out can be stressful in the end we know this adoption will be a testimony and a beautiful adoption story!

pc: Rachel Leigh Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment